Sunday, April 18, 2010

Non-Fiction/Classics Five Challenge Sign Ups

Non-Fiction Five Challenge Sign Ups




I am signing up for The Classics Challenge. It runs May 1 - Sept 30, 2010. Apart from my chosen 5 classics (in the 10 choices I am allowing myself), I will also participate in the NON FICTION CATEGORY. I am listing those books as well.


Here are my selections for The Classics Challenge.

1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
2. Madam Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
3. Persuasion by Jane Austen
4. Pride and prejudice by Jane Austen
5. O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
6. Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
7. Anna Karenina by Tolstoy
8. Dead souls by Gogol
9. Washington Square by Henry James
10. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

There is also a bonus in this challenge to read a book that will likely be a future classic. Since I own and have been dying to read:

The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald
The Poisonwood Bible
Midnight’s Children
The sound and the fury
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
White Tiger by Aravind Adiga

I will choose two of these for the bonus.

My reading list for the NON FICTION category is the following:

1. Heartbreaking work of Staggering genius by Dave Eggers
2. The Year of magical thinking by Joan Didion
3. Bobbed hair and bathtub gin by Marion Meade
4. Lust for Life by Irving Stone
5. The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone

*Italics imply 'To be read in May2010'
*Bolds imply 'Done'

0 comments:

Post a Comment